Turnitin is software that allows students and instructors to check their papers for originality. Although Turnitin can be used to check for plagiarism, it is not the goal of using this software. Instead, EdTech recommends using it as a "teaching moment" for students to show them how to properly document sources within their work ensuring that credit is attributed appropriately. This will help students focus on creating original work, while also giving credit to the sources from which they are drawing in order to form their own conclusions.
- Creating a Turnitin Assignment in Canvas
- Viewing Instructor Feedback in Canvas
Creating a Turnitin Assignment in Canvas
Turnitin assignments can be directly created from within Canvas:
- Create a new assignment.
- Under the Submission Type, select External Tool from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Find button.
- Scroll down the list of external tools and select Turnitin - External Tool.
- Choose other availability options for the assignment and click Save.