WHAT TO EXPECT
Beginning of Live Lecture The beginning of the lecture will have a view of the professor camera. The professor may be at the poduim, however they may not have started class. This will continue until your professor is ready to start class.
Recording Class Live Class is recorded as it is happening. The professor and on-campus students have microphones so you can hear their questions and conversations. If you are not hearing the on-campus student's questions, let I.T. Media Services know.
Chat During class, you can contact the I.T. Media producer directly by using the chat feature within Zoom. The producer will be monitoring the chat while class is live. Not all faculty choose to be use the chat function.
Downloading Videos By default, course recordings are not downloadable. If you would like to download class lectures, you will need to get permission from your professor.
Get support from I.T. Media Services
Get in contact with I.T. Media Services in the following ways:
- Submit a Help Desk Ticket
- Go to https://help.mst.edu
- Log In with your S&T credentials
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Technology Support > Media Services
- Provide as much information as possible so we may better assist you. A technician will be in touch within 24 hours.
- For general inquiries you can email us directly at email@example.com
Interactive Live Stream Testing - Click the MediaSpace Icon below
IN THE "VISITOR CENTER" CHANNEL, YOU WILL FIND A "LIVE TEST" BUTTON THAT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE LIVE CLASS TEST.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU TEST YOUR AUDIO AND VIDEO WITH A PRODUCER BEFORE LEAVING THE MEETING. WE NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN HEAR US, AND WE CAN HEAR YOU.
THERE ARE 3 PARTS TO THE CONNECTION TEST:
- For VoIP: Click on "Join by Computer". Click on "Test Computer Audio" below the Green "Join Audio by Computer" button. You should be taken through a mic/speaker test. You will not be heard while you are performing the audio test.
- For teleconference: Under "Join by Phone". There will be a dialog box to choose which country you are calling from, then dial the number listed. You will need to enter the Meeting ID followed by #, then the Participant ID followed by #.
Please check to see if you can play the video in the vistor's center in MediaSpace.
Meet Outside of Class
Some courses require students to meet in groups outside of class time. There are several options to choose from. Below are listed some of the most used:
Google Apps for Education has many options including Google Hangouts
GroupMe App - Instructions
Zoom - Offers free meetings (time limit is 40 minutes) Zoom Pro accounts can be purchased thru the IT Help Desk
Conferences in Canvas - For more information contact EdTech (edtech.mst.edu)
Skype - free video and audio tool for virtual meetings