Panopto is a lecture and screen recording tool. It is easy to record video presentations, manage existing video files, and stream video content to virtually any device. Panopto has dedicated recording software for Windows and macOS and native apps for iOS and Android. You can find out more about our change to Panopto by clicking here.
- Setting up Panopto in Canvas
- Installing Panopto Recorder
- Logging into Panopto
- Starting a Panopto Recording
Setting up Panopto in Canvas
- Enter the course you want to add Panopto to.
- Click the Settings link in the course navigation menu on the left.
- Select the Navigation tab on the Settings page.
- Add Panopto to the course navigation menu by dragging the Panopto Recordings item from the hidden items on the bottom half of the page into the top half of the page.
- Panopto is now ready for you to use in this course. Follow the instructions again for each course you want to use Panopto in.
Installing Panopto Recorder
- Within the course you have Panopto enabled, click the Panopto Recordings link in the course navigation menu on the left.
- Click on the green Create button and select Record a new session.
- In the dialog box that opens, there will be two options.
Open Panopto and Download Panopto.
- Click on Download Panoptoand follow the instructions with the installer to finish the installation of Panopto.
- Mac installation instructions - https://support.panopto.com/articles/Documentation/mac-recorder-installation-1
- Windows installation instructions - https://support.panopto.com/articles/Documentation/installing-windows-recorder-1
Logging into Panopto
- To login to Panopto, open the program and click the Sign In button, if it didn’t automatically ask you to sign in.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to Sign In with : and select the Canvas Production option. This will change the sign in options to show you a Shibboleth log in page.
- Sign into Shibboleth with your campus username and password. It is recommended to check the Remember me option so that you can record videos without being connected to the internet.
Starting a Panopto Recording
Instructions for Mac - https://support.panopto.com/articles/Documentation/mac-basic-recording-2
Instructions for Windows - https://support.panopto.com/articles/Documentation/5-2-Basic-Recording