Faculty and departments at Missouri S&T use video conferencing for a variety of purposes.
Faculty involved in a research project with another university or national laboratory meet to show results and plan further efforts.
- Multi-Campus Administrative Units:
Campus units having counterparts on the other campuses of the UM System meet to coordinate procedures and policies.
- Student Organizations:
Student-led groups of the UM System meet to discuss student issues.
- Student Recruitment:
Faculty and admissions staff conduct "open house" webinar meetings with prospective Missouri S&T students.
Zoom accounts are available thru the IT Helpdesk. Below are other options for online meetings.
There are fees if your department needs to use a studio classroom for your meeting or webinar.
Below are links to the classrooms, fee structure, and request form.
Comprehensive Exam/Dissertation Defense Services
I.T. Media Services can help you connect with a committee member or advisor for your exam or defense.
Remote committee members can use I.T. Media Services to connect for your exam or defense.
You may not need a studio classroom. A studio classroom is only necessary if you want a professional quality video!
Before you get started, you should find out:
- Does your department have a conference room available?
- Does the room have a computer?
- Does the room have a projector?
- Does the room have a webcam? (for computer audio and presenter visual capture)
- Does the room have a phone?
- Check if your advisor or your department has a Zoom Pro account.
• A Pro account is available for purchase from IT for $12 a year.
• You can read more about Zoom or access support for Zoom
Below are options for the studio classroom service.
Links to the Studio Classrooms
Studio Classroom Rates
Rates for use of Studio Classrooms
Online Reservation Form
Use this link to contact I.T. Media Services to request more information.