The EdTech instructional design team provides confidential consultations on teaching issues upon request to all instructors including faculty, lecturers, adjuncts, and GTAs. Individual consultations are established with instructors wishing to improve their teaching abilities, redesign a course, and increase their students’ learning. The focus of individual consultation is to work together to fulfill the identified goals of each instructor.
EdTech strives to maintain a highly professional relationship with all instructors; maintaining an ethical and respectful consultation procedure is central to our mission to support instructors at Missouri S&T.
- Individualized consultation
- Classroom observations
- Syllabus review and analysis
- Course design analysis
- Interpretation of student evaluations
- Small group instructional feedback
- Analysis of formative feedback
- Large class feedback
- Classroom walkthroughs to help familiarize you with the technology
- Finding the best technology solution to support your course
POSSIBLE CONSULTATION TOPICS:
- Developing new teaching strategies
- Developing new activities and assignments
- Engaging students
- Creating positive classroom environments
- Communication, presentation skills, and other course delivery methods
- Curriculum design for effectiveness
- Defining learning objectives
- Test construction and item writing
- Instructional effectiveness
WE RESPECT YOUR COPYRIGHT
Your work and your course belongs to you! We're here to help. The UM System's Intellectual Property Administration provides extensive information on the laws governing the creation and use of intellectual property. Whether you are conducting research, creating course material, or making a presentation to show to students, UM online can help you protect and correctly use intellectual property.
Very supportive, helpful, friendly, and open-minded staff. Happy to work with them and looking for more collaboration.